Student Loan Counselor
New York City
The ideal candidate will have prior telephone sales experience. Student loan refinancing sales experience highly desired.
- Act as a resource and initiate communication with borrowers via e-mail, mail, telephone calls, etc. in a professional and empathetic manner in order to build rapport with borrowers.
- Develop technical knowledge to employ multiple internal and external systems simultaneously.
- Memorize all policy and procedures and practice them on a daily basis.
- Always display a professional manner while educating and guiding the student borrowers on how refinancing their student loans will benefit them.
- Ability to work independently after the initial training and exceed established benchmarks and goals.
- Ability to problem solve quickly and follow-up as necessary.
- Pay strong attention to detail, specifically with data, in order to resolve discrepancies.
- Diligently record information about contacts, financial status, solutions, etc. while working with borrowers.
- Perform various administrative and clerical as needed for assigned work.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Superior customer service and communication skills.
- One year of student loan management or collections or telephone sales experience
- Experience working with internal and external databases.
- In order to perform this job, you must not be in default on any Federal Title IV student loans.
- Must have excellent attendance.
- An effective communicator who is quick thinking and able to use individual circumstantial information to assist borrowers in bringing their student loans current and finding a long-term repayment solution.
- This position requires professionalism, confidence, resilience, strong organizational and communications skills, exceptional persistence, a high level of commitment, and the ability to guide and motivate others.
Send comments/applications to firstname.lastname@example.org